Friday, April 1, 2016

Baptismal Blessings ...#BornAgain🌞🌙✨-Week 29


HEELLLOOO!!! Peeps!!!

Sorry I didn't get to email last Monday. We decided that we are going to go to the temple today!!! So last week was pretty awesome!!  Most of it was actually planning for Kylie's baptism and going around visiting some people in the branch that we don't know. It was pretty sweet. I can't really remember a lot that happened to be honest. It was an entire week ago! But one thing that happened that was way awesome was after the baptism. A recent convert named Parker took us out to a sweet restaurant near gallatin Adam-Ondi-Ahman. It was like an hour away from our area, but still in our zone haha.  It was way awesome! It was his birthday. This place makes only Dutch oven food!! It was so good! You just get there, sit down, and they tell you what you are eating. It's really good, and then there are some really cool little shops and log cabins around. So we looked around, then had the long drive home.

Baptism/spirit time: Kylie's baptism was awesome! We had to get there at 5 in the morning to fill up the font and have it heated in time. Her husband got to baptize her!! The program went really
well!! Her father and mother in law gave talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost! Then Elder Taylor and I got to be the witnesses! (Everything went well) then we went back into the relief society room and shared the #Hallelujah Video while they were changing!! We bore our testimonies and the spirit was so strong!! I LOVED it! Kylie was Baptized in a dress (my suggestion) their family looked so beautiful! It was so amazing to see him and her dressed in white! I can't wait to see them again in white clothes next year, with their Children. To be in the temple clothed in white, to be sealed for all of time and eternity!! They are so so excited, and they are going to be such a huge help and blessing to the Branch. One thing  I have learned this week is that the gospel truly does bless families. That is the second principle we teach EVERYONE, right after "God is our loving Heavenly
Father"  I asked Kylie after we taught her the restoration for her new member lessons, "how the Gospel has blessed her family? " and she gave an amazing answer. There has been so much more peace in her family relationship. She said her eyes have been opened to God more, and that
she is ultimately just a happier person. Of course there are still trials and troubles but they are better equipped for them, and put their shoulder to the wheel with a happier heart.

I love the gospel. I know it has blessed my family so much. And the opportunity that we have to be a family, sealed together for all of time and eternity is just absolutely amazing. The words "until death do you part" do not exist in the Kingdom of God, that alone really is a huge testimony builder. I hope to bring as many people as possible to the knowledge of this truth. Missionary work is truly the most fulfilling thing for me.

I love all of you so so much. Temple deets to come on Monday, (and if you know me you know I LOVE the temple) have a wonderful general conference weekend. Heed the messages of the Prophets of the Lord and all the other speakers as well. I promise you that you will find exactly what you need to hear as you listen sincerely and intently.

I LOVE YOU!!!

~Elder Samuel LaVar Ward




                                                                   Dutch Ovening
                                                           Kylie's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment